Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rencher Family Chunky Challenge

News flash! THIN IS IN. Who knew? For years now I was thinking it was all about the chunk, but it turns out that I'm wrong. All those hours I wasted sitting on my butt eating ice cream, and for what? Next I'm going to find out that uni-brows and unshaved legs are now considered unattractive. Puh-lease! How quickly things change. Just yesterday, and literally I mean yesterday, I was wearing four pairs of socks in alternating colors. Good thing I know Brad aka B.Rad (because he is so rad) and he can keep me informed of all the latest fads. He's the one who told me about the "thin" thing.



B.Rad also instituted the Rencher Family Chunky Challenge to help us all be hip, groovy, down wit' it, happenin', etc. By Labor Day we need to lose a combined 190 lbs. However, we will reward ourselves with a cruise in January. Good thing it's not until January because that gives me plenty of time to put all the weight back on and get my skin nice and white. Watch out pool deck!


Now the question is how to lose the weight? Do we go with Billy Blanks and Taebo? It looks hard and like I might sweat a lot. So this is probably not a realistic option.

Richard Simmons is a possibility strickly for entertainment value. However, if Andrew starts trotting around in short little striped shorts I'm done.


Stop the Insanity! Susan Powter rocks, but I'd rather be a little overweight than look like a lesbian thank you very much.


So, hello to you healthy food. Welcome to my refrigerator.

And goodbye Blizzard, my dear friend. I will miss you and think of you often. (Very often).

Wish us luck, we're going to need it. And PLEASE, let us know when fat is back!

5 comments:

Brenny said...

B.Rad needs to start a blog. I didn't know thin was in, either. Good luck with the challenge. I love The Biggest Loser -- any chance we could get you to post before and after pictures of the challengers? And no, you can not wear your baggy workout clothes for the photo shoot. No? Okay, well, it was worth a shot.

N8 said...

Never give up on fat Jenn,

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/hscout/2009/04/08/hscout625876.html

Kelli said...

Yeah Chunky Challenge! Jenn you are hilarious. Dairy Queen will miss you! Well I gotta go do some crunches!

PS I love Lauren's quote!

Melissa said...

Like you need to join a chunky challenge! I would do it for a cruise though, talk about incentive!
Have fun Sweatin' to the oldies!

Robin Fisher said...

Great idea. Who in the family is doing it? Is the cruise for the whole Rencher clan or just yours?