Sorry, sorry, sorry! I know that I have dedicated fans that just NEED to read my blog, and to you three I apologize. I recognize that reading about my life provides a real service to mankind. Just one peek into my life and, viola!, you're life is instantly upgraded. (Note: If you ever feel like you have things a little too good, just visit Caitlin's blog. You will be cured immediately.)
So what have we missed? First off, Lauren turned 4. She is convinced that everything in life is better at four. Many sentences start with, "Well now that I'm four..." . In fact, just before her birthday she told me that when she turned four she was going to grow up. I'm not so sure I'm ready for that. As it is she already acts like a mini-adult. She even knows how to give someone a fake laugh that just isn't that funny. Obviously, she never does this for me. Poor Andrew though thinks it's her real laugh. :)
For Lauren's birthday we had a princess party, what else? She was so excited! We invited the girls in the neighborhood and her cousin Emma. I learned that princess is becoming a more broad term. Not only did we have Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, but we also had Princess Leia, a ballerina princess, and Princess Gabriella??? I didn't even know Gabriella Montez was a princess. But why not? She is already a genius, a singer, a dancer, and an all-around do-gooder. Just add it to the list. (If you are thinking "huh?" you seriously need to watch High School Musical and get with it.) Here is Claire, Ballerina Princess, and Princess Gabriella.
Here is the birthday girl, Sleeping Beauty, with Princess Leia.
Here's the whole party crew. We designated Sam the prince. The kids had lots of fun going on a treasure hunt for their accessories, decorating tiaras, making necklaces, playing princess bingo, slaying the dragon pinata, and of course, eating cupcakes.
Next up: Winter Muck! What the "muck" am I talking about? (Sorry, I couldn't resist). Well, Winter Muck is a holiday that was invented, you know, like Kwanzaa. Tricia designated a day to celebrate the drudgery of winter. You see in early December, when the snow falls you look out your window and admire the beautiful flakes, how peaceful the snow makes everything look, you can't wait to go sledding. By mid-February, when the snow falls you look out your window and try to figure how long it's going to take to shovel the driveway, while you're holding an ice pack to your back trying to heal from the last sledding expedition. By mid-February winter is, well, mucky. So at Winter Muck we reclaim the winter.
Tricia's in-laws have a HUGE field behind their house. We gathered there with tons of food, a bonfire, four-wheelers, and sleds. The sleds were attached to the back of the four-wheelers and away we went! Everyone had a blast. I'm sure this was unsafe and possibly illegal, but if you follow my blog at all you know that the Rencher family laughs in the face of danger. Ha, Ha Ha!
Lauren was a little nervous, so she opted out of a sled ride and just chose to look cute. I think she did a pretty good job.

Claire spent her afternoon in the veggie tray and was quite content.
Third and most exciting: Mitch and Haley had their first baby, Ben. He is so cute! We all made a visit that night so we could meet our new nephew. There's just nothing in the world like a new baby. It almost made me want another one. Then I remembered that I would be sleeping through the night that night - without a diaper on.
If Haley weren't so wonderful, I would totally hate her. She seriously never got fat, EVER! She is also nursing like an old pro. To top off the insults she came over on Saturday (only 12 days since the birth) in her regular-sized jeans and looked fabulous. She just has to have a flaw, at least one. When I find one I'll let you know, but don't hold you're breath.
Aren't they a cute little family?
6 comments:
THANK YOU! I was totally wondering if you were still alive! It is about time I heard what you were up to these days! I love the shimmery dress! You look great. Don't hate Haley. It isn't nice.
Thanks Kelli, for sticking up for me! And Jenn, you have no room to talk, miss "I can still fit into my bridesmaid dress after 3 kids!". I almost broke those pants getting them on and it's only because I am determined stay away from maternity clothes for as long as Mitch will possibly let me! Odd that both our husbands are more baby hungry than us... Maybe they should try wearing those sexy netting panties with diapers for a couple of nights! Come to think of it, Mitch might enjoy not having to get up to go to the bathroom while watching sports...
Thanks for the update! I love the birthday idea. Amanda's is just around the corner.
Thanks for the cute update. I am so terrible about calling lately, I depend on blogs!
I am so glad you were able to put the bridesmaid dress to good use. You make a beautiful Belle! Happy Birthday to Lauren!
I like the Winter muck tradition. How fun. But, I am glad I don't have to celebrate it!
Jenn, I laughed as much while reading your blog as I do with Kelli's! You really should blog more-I will be your 4th fan. I love that you dressed up for the party-I don't know if I can fit into any prom/bridesmaid dress that I own and I haven't had any kids-ahh, waa, boo hoo, blah.
This blogging is so wonderful because I can be to the party that I missed and hear about all the fun that you had and see pictures also. You do a good job of this, Jenn among all of the other zillions of things that you do.
Love, Mom Rencher
Post a Comment