Dieting, how I hate you. Oh, let me count the ways.
1. Since the kick-off of the Rencher Family Chunky Challenge 2009 (RFCC) Andrew and I wake up early every morning to get in a workout. I DETEST waking up early. It's unnatural and unfun. (Is that a word? If it isn't, it should be. I have several applications for it.) I am just unable to be peppy before 9:00am. Let me illustrate: I remember in high school I had to wake up at 5:30am to be ready for seminary at 6:30am. This put me in the path of my Dad during my morning routine. Every morning while I was half comatose eating my cereal my Dad would walk into the kitchen and say, "Good morning Jenn!" He would have the biggest smile and say it with the LOUDEST and PEPPIEST voice. It became apparent to me why he has never been a coffee drinker. He doesn't need it. He is his own coffee. I would grumble back, "Good morning Dad." I literally could not handle the pep. After a few weeks of this I actually asked him to stop talking to me in the morning. (Rotten teenager, I know). Let's just say that not much has changed though.

2. Healthy food just doesn't taste as good as bad food. This is simply a fact. If you were to tell me that a salad full of veggies with only one stinkin' tablespoon of dressing tastes better than a handful of fresh out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies I would have you committed. Why? Because you would be WRONG!

3. Eating less food makes me hungry. I discovered that I don't actually like being hungry, it makes me crabby. My stomach growls at me, "Jenn where are you? How could you forsake me like this?" The guilt is really starting to wear on me, which also makes me crabby.

4. Dieting is a slow process. I took a good look in the mirror today and I am not hot yet. We live in a world of DSL, instant messaging, and "creative" financing. So in the words of Veruca Salt: I want it now!!!
7 comments:
Keep the faith Jenn! And have a cookie! With some broccoli!
Is that why we only went to early morning swim practice for one week? Seriously, the last thing I want to do at 5:30 am is jump in a freezing pool with a bunch of high school boys wearing speedos. What were we thinking?
Good luck on the dieting. I am still wondering where these pounds you want to lose are, I haven't seen any extra pounds on you...
You get up how early to do what? You're a star, keep it up.
And just make small cookies. You have to treat yourself, right? Wow, I suddenly realized why I don't lose weight... Too many 'small' cookies...
I like cookies too.
I love reading your blog. I am still laughing!
A tip about cookies, I know they are not chocolate chip but, I'm pretty sure it's OK to eat the Thin Mint cookies from the girl scouts. Also the Thin Mint ice cream should be fine.
I ate a bunch of it and my Wii fit age was still 2 years younger than my real age.
I love hearing about your peppy dad! That is great! You are a very creative writer.
Love, Mom R.
Post a Comment