Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pre-Christmas Acitivites

The week after Thanksgiving was the Carter Cousin Christmas party. Andrew has such fun cousins and this party has become a good excuse to get together. We did a white elephant exchange and we came home with a toilet seat. Haley was a little miffed that I stole it from her. It seems they need a new one. Have no fear, Jenn is here! Fortunately for Haley, I drew her name for Christmas. I gave her the toilet seat, but added a little something extra. Now when you lift the seat you see Mitch's face and the saying: "Have A Seatie With Your Sweetie". Sara and Brad scored the Viagra. Not quite sure what's going on there! I'll pray for them. I'm just a giver like that! Here I am with Mitch and Haley.


December 20th was Irv's birthday. We decided that we would not be sad and instead celebrate his life with an all day party. First we met at my mother-in-law's and wrote notes to Irv. Then we attached them to balloons and headed over to the cemetery. We each let them go up to Grandpa in heaven. Some of the younger ones were sad to let go of their balloons. (Why would you give me a balloon and tell me to let it go? You usually give me balloons and tell me to NOT let it go. I'm so confused and now I will cry.)


There they go! Someone in Colorado is wondering who Grandpa is and why he was be notified via balloon about the BYU scores.


From the cemetery we went over to Kelli's church for lunch and games. We played slaughter ball, basketball, the human pretzel, and the great Darwinian-game: dodgeball.


A few minutes into dodgeball Brad came tearing into the room in this get-up. I honestly couldn't breath for five minutes. Aside from the outfit and cleavage hair, I couldn't get over the look of intensity on his face. This wasn't just for shock value. He actually played in this outfit for the rest of the games. Seriously, Sara is so lucky!


We ditched the kids and headed to the Mandarin for dinner. This is a rare picture of us together. It seems one of us is always behind the camera.

5 comments:

Brenny said...

The birthday idea was really great. The picture of Brad just makes me laugh! Too funny.

The picture of you too is great!

Melissa said...

What a great idea to have a Birthday party for Irv! I am sure he had fun watching you guys enjoy yourself. He was probably very proud of his eldest son.
Next time I come to Utah, I really hope we get invited to Rencher family gathering. You guys have too much fun!

A. said...

Awesome to have you back! I missed the thanksgiving post, so I was glad to catch up!

familia marques said...

OLÁ ANDREW,


ATÉ QUE EM FIM TE ENCONTREI AMIGO

AQUI É CARLOS MARQUES

DE BELÉM - PARA BRASIL.

MEU EMAIL É ESSE:

fmcuiaba@gmail.com

familia marques said...

OLÁ ANDREW,


ATÉ QUE EM FIM TE ENCONTREI AMIGO

AQUI É CARLOS MARQUES

DE BELÉM - PARA BRASIL.

MEU EMAIL É ESSE:

fmcuiaba@gmail.com