Thursday, January 8, 2009

A California Thanksgiving

We headed off to California for Thanksgiving this year. Gotta love that drive, especially with three small children. The DVD player was in the back seat with Sam and Lauren so Claire was left with eating, crying, or sleeping. Poor baby! They all snapped at some point. Somewhere in Arizona Lauren started crying and saying: "I hate my seatbelt". She repeated this for a solid hour. Such a lovely trip.


Here's my Mom teaching Lauren the finer points of cookie making. I love how serious they both look.


Child slave labor is apparently not restricted to third world countries.


The argument "See, he likes it." is evidently valid.


We headed down to La Jolla the day after Thanksgiving. How beautiful is that?


They sure love their Grandpa. In fact, they woke up every morning at about 6:30am to see him before he left for work. One morning they missed him and there were some serious tears.


Who cares if you can breathe Andrew? The kids like it and that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Moose Spot said...

Yeah, that makes me look forward to our road trip at the end of the month! I know it isn't quite the same for me since my kids are a bit older and will sit still a little (but only a little)longer and only with the help of the DVD player!

Brenny said...

It is so beautiful there! At this very moment I am questioning why I live in snowy, brown, dreary Colorado...

Oh yeah. House prices and work...