Friday, January 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had fun and action-packed Christmas. On Christmas Eve we gathered at Andrew's mom's house for dinner and a program. Poor Sara spent so much time planning the program and then she got sick and didn't even get to see it. The older kids played instruments. Below is Adam, Jonathan, Sam, and Alex performing a routine to Alvin and the Chipmunks. Sam can really move those hips! He got his natural dance moves from his Great-Grandpa Brown. Mitch and I performed a parody song that we wrote entitiled "Bradley the Big-Headed Rencher" to the tune of Rudolf. How sad that this is really the only type of talent I can display, if you can call that a talent.


After all the silly stuff, we turned to the spiritual. The kids re-enacted the nativity. Claire was the star, Lauren an angel, and Sam a shepherd.



Christmas morning! The absolute best part of Christmas. There is just nothing like seeing the kids' faces when they see that Santa has come. Claire's face doesn't seem to be reflecting this feeling however. Truly, Claire was so NOT interested. She had a candy cane in one hand and a stuffed dog in the other and that was all she needed. She cried every time I tried to get her to open a present.


Lauren was thrilled with her Little People castle. She spends hours playing make believe with her little dolls.


Here's Sam with the Wii. He actually asked Santa for a Nintendo DS, but received this instead. He exclaimed, "Santa upgraded me!"

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Santa Upgraded Me! I love it. All Hunter cares about at Christmas are the treats too. He and Claire should hang out on Christmas morning.

I was in shock when I saw a comment from Jenn earlier today! You made my day!

Kelli said...

Hey girl! Nice post. It is always good hear from you! Your talent abounds so stop telling yourself you have no talents! Good grief!

Brenny said...

Santa upgraded me. Classic. And you have the best talent of all! Look at how much money Weird Al has made doing his song paradys. Seriously, I can't listen to Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' without thinking of Weird Al's 'Like a Surgeon.'

And it was so happy to see an update from you!

Moose Spot said...

Love the new blog do! I want to know if you have let Lauren in on the secret that her castle makes sound yet...hmmm? Coward! ;)

Teacher Preacher said...

Loved the cute pictures and the feelings about Christmas. This is a great way to keep in touch. You are so organized you seem to be able to to it all. Love you, Mom Rencher

Robin Fisher said...

Kids say the funniest things! Amanda didn't get into the opening of presents--I guess I should be grateful she isn't a greedy, paper-tearing, whrilwind little girl.