Thursday, October 30, 2008

Here's the "Remedy" - Jason Mraz





So, my girlfriend Jen and I went to the Jason Mraz concert on Tuesday night. We had a blast! He is one those performers who is actually better in person. Which I think is rare. Usually I feel like the CD sounds better and that they owe their career to the recording studio. His voice, however, is amazing. It was so fun dancing and singing along. I've decided that my moves are a little rusty though. I haven't been to a concert since I was 19, and I'm going to be 29 next week. It seems that when I buy tickets nowadays it's to attend a musical. (Side note: Wicked here I come in May!!!!) As we were leaving, the event crew was handing out fliers for NKOTB!!!! That's New Kids on the Block for any of you fools who don't know. That's right, Joey, Jordan, Donny, Danny, and Jonathan are back again. The stars have aligned. When I got home I told Andrew that all I wanted for my birthday was to go see NKOTB with him. He told me I was going to have to ask for something else. :( Natalie Smith, if you are out there, you know you would so love to go with me. We could sing all the classics like "Tonight", "Step By Step", and of course "Hangin' Tough". Think about it, call me. This has me reminiscing about past concerts and here's who I've seen:



Tom Petty (I think I'm still high)



Tom Jones (love the tight pants!)

Toad the Wet Sprocket


Charlie Daniels Band


Color Me Badd (with two Ds because they're double cool)
Peter Brienholt

Paula Abdul (pre-American Idol)

Nelson (cut me some slack, I was in the 6th grade)

Billy Ray Cyrus (I have no legitimate excuse)

How sad is my life? It's hard to determine which performer I should be most embarrassed about. Let me know what you think. Or better yet tell me about the worst concert you've ever been to. I'll be waiting.

8 comments:

Brenny said...

The concert sounded like fun. I'm with you -- I haven't been to one in a while.

I think your concert experiences show the healthy variation in you music tastes. I'm actually jealous you've seen Tom Petty in concert...

Kelli said...

TOM PETTY? I had no idea. Brenda may think you have a "healthy variation" Those of us who know you better know you are just schizo! I still think my Air Supply concert tops everything!

Moose Spot said...

Sadly, I haven't the concert experience you have Jenn...these are all the ones I've seen that I can remember off the top of my head:

Oingo Boingo
Squeeze
Erasure
Whitney Houston (yeah..Bri broke me of that habit, but she sings in my range and I really liked her before I found out what a witch she can be).
Phil Collins
and definitely not least
The amazing Mr. Mraz!!!

P.S. I have to agree with Kelli, Tom Petty has always given me the creeps!

Haley and Mitch said...

I've only been to 2 concerts. Christopher Cross & Tim McGraw... Mitch, on the other hand, has never even been to a concert (besides John Schmidt in Seminary...actually he didn't get up early enough that morning - he missed that too!)

Robin Fisher said...

I had to laugh at your concert list. Quite diverse. We all have concerts we don't want to admit too. My husband saw Bon Jovi--TWICE!

Melissa said...

I was so excited when I saw NKOTB was back together again! Their posters were all over Las Vegas when we were there in Oct. Let me tell you, I have been to their concert and it was the most amazing night of my life. Of course I was in fifth grade. But I am sure they still ROCK!

A. said...

How did I not hear that you had been to see Jason Mraz? Does it say anything if I didn't even recognize the artists you've seen? Lets say my concert going is about extensive as my music knowledge.

Natalie, Topher & Grant said...

Jenny! First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I SO BAD wanted to go see NKOTB... they came to DC and it was sold out, I couldn't get a ticket, but believe me, I TRIED! I still have my Jordan Knight pillowcase (but topher won't let me use it anymore). :) I think I went to afew of those concerts with you... Tom Petty for sure. But you left out Travis Tritt/Collin Ray (Remember... "congratulations.... TWINS!") So fun! Loved being 16. I miss you!