Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Fright Night!

We had a fun Halloween week! On Monday we went to the Pumpkin Patch. We have been having unseasonably warm weather, so it was perfect!

Here is Sam, Claire, and our cute neighbor Izzy. They wanted to ride in the cart the whole time. Lauren, on the other hand, wanted to run around the patch and through the hay maze the whole time.


Family night - pumpkin carving! It took a little coaxing, but eventually Andrew let Sam work on his pumpkin.

First Lauren carved, then she decided that her pumpkin needed a little something more. She started out all smiles.

She ended with this. Am I a bad mother for taking her picture before helping her? I just laugh every time I look at this picture.


On Thursday Lauren performed in her Halloween program at preschool. She wasn't so sure about the whole thing.


Here she is with her preschool teachers Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. She was thrilled that they dressed up as princesses.


I also went to help at Sam's class part on Thursday, but I was too busy manning my golf game that I failed to snap any pictures. Yes, the party was on Thursday. Utah educators have figured just how insane children can be on Halloween and so they wisely scheduled a Quality Teaching Day on Friday. No costumes at school, no parade, nada! I'm glad they still did the party though. On Friday morning we ate bloody eyeballs for breakfast. This was my Mom's great idea. Powdered donettes, red gel icing, gummy lifesavers, and chocolate chips and presto!


These are the darling Halloween treats that my Aunt Karen sent for the kids. They loved them! These shoes are actually made with scrapbook paper and I want the template.


Here is Lauren as Barbie Mariposa. I realize that if you don't have a daughter between the ages of 3 and 8 you have no clue who this is.


Sam is NOT apart of the Jihad movement. He is actually a ninja. Still, I don't think people would feel comfortable with him on public transportation.

Claire as a Tiger. She ended up with a pretty bad fever during the late afternoon so she missed out on the trick-or-treating. Poor baby!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you have turned into a regular blogger. It has become an addiction for me and I am happy to have friends join in my sicknesses.

Anyways, your kids look adorable. So sad that Claire got sick. It seems like someone is always sick on a holiday. I will have to remember the bloody eyeballs for next year. They look very appetizing!
Happy Halloween!

Kelli said...

Nasty breakfast girl! I must admit that I laughed out loud at Lauren's picture also so that must make me a mean aunt! Cutest pictures thanks for the update!

Brenny said...

The donut made me choke up a bit. Thanks for sharing the costume pictures! Ninja's rock.

Robin Fisher said...

Why do bad people do bad things to good powdered donuts?
I am sure Adam will love it in a few years.

peata said...

sweet pics.

Karen H said...

So glad you are blogging more frequently. The pics are adorable. Looking forward to seeing you later this month. Yes, I'll share the template with you. Also, Happy Birthday.

A. said...

That certainly is a busy week!