Sorry, Sorry, Sorry! I have heard the numerous complaints. I have been a blogger bum, and I apologize. Truly, my life isn't too exciting, so you haven't missed much. (See previous posts). However is a sampling:
This is beautiful Bear Lake on the Utah/Idaho border, and this is where I went to Girl's Camp. I had way more fun than I think the leaders are supposed to. One morning a girl asked me, "Sister Rencher, when did you FINALLY go to bed last night?" I think over the four days I slept about twelve hours. Oh well, the laughs were totally worth it. The best thing about camp were these sayings we were each given that we had to use throughout camp, but try to keep others from guessing it. We had a great time trying to integrate these random sayings into casual conversation. Here are some samples: Home skillet, That's what I'm talkin' about, Snap, That just warms my heart, That's so precious. We spent our time boating, hiking, having Olympic competitions, singing songs, eating, and laughing a lot!

This is me packing heat at girl's camp. This turned out to be quite the fiasco. I had never shot a gun before so several of the men were "helping" me. By "helping" I mean that one particular individual (ball cap, black shirt to the left) shot at my target without my knowing it. When I retrieved my target I was thrilled. I even got a bullseye! I called Andrew that night to let him know what a natural I am. On the last night of camp my friend Jenny said that she couldn't take it anymore and she let me in on the truth. EVERYONE knew...but me! So I did what any smart woman would do, I got even. The "helper" (Jedd) was already gone when I found out so I began scheming with the help of the bishop. So on Sunday I made a little visit to Priesthood opening exercises to share my "feelings" about girl's camp. With a straight face I got up and talked about what a great experience it was not only for the girls but also for the leaders. I said, while putting a hand to me chest and starting to tear up, "Sometimes I don't feel like I have very many talents but at camp I learned that I do. I had never shot a gun before in my life and on my first shot (pause for dramatic flair) BULLSEYE! This is a talent the Lord has blessed me with and I didn't even know it. (Jedd looking incredibly uncomfortable). Now Andrew and I are going to go shooting all the time. (Andrew in the back, bright red and shaking his head at me). I know that if we are in the right place and doing the right things the Lord will reveal unto us our talents and that just warms my heart." (Realization washes over Jedd's face. That was his saying.)

This is where we went on our hike. Bloomington Lake, Idaho.
At the end of August my whole family came up to Utah for a visit. We had a lot of fun. Here is Sam with my cute nephew Colin at Pineview Reservoir.
At the end of August my whole family came up to Utah for a visit. We had a lot of fun. Here is Sam with my cute nephew Colin at Pineview Reservoir.This is my niece Cameron after she had a little chocolate cake. I think she liked it!
The highlight of the trip was seeing my Mom on the tube. Matt was doing everything possible to get her off, but she hung on!
Over Labor Day we went with Brad and Sara and family to the Rencher Homestead. Sam and Adam wasted countless hours trying to get this mini-motorcycle to start. They never gave up hope, it was so sad.
Sam started kindergarten! I didn't even cry! Here he is on the first day, very exciting!
Here is Lauren on her first field trip at This is the Place Heritage Park. She's not so sure about the goat.
So now we're all caught up. Mostly my days are filled with carpools, laundry, picking up toys, homework, settling disputes over toys, soccer games, ballet class, walking with friends, reading late into the night, watching the Office on Thursdays (I've missed you Michael Scott), and apparently ignoring my blog!
10 comments:
Yippee! You are back! Not that I haven't just seen you a few hours ago but it is still a great thing! Your stories are always fun!
Jenn, you're definitely one of 'us' now--packing heat on a church campout. Family reunions come next. I'm surprised you didn't post a photo about it from the homestead.
Been waiting for an update. I look forward to your pictures and commentary.Don't wait so long next time.
Yeah, don't wait so long! Although, to be fair, sometimes it is one more of a hassle to be a consistant blogger. Loved the gun story.
Very cute. Thanks for the update!
Jenn, I am a blogger bum, too. Brenda and Jacqui keep making me look bad. BLOGGER BUMS--UNITE! I finally got around to posting after 2 months.
I loved the stories and the photos.
Jenn,
I've been waiting for the First day of school pictures! How can you say your life is not very eventful when you can pull off that performance in priesthood! I love your posts and you should keep it up!
I've found it odd that you blog so little when you talk so much.
I would normally say your life is completely changed not that you have a Kindergartner but I guess since you have been Yw Pres (right?) your life has been pretty busy already. Good Stories!
What a cute blog Jen!
Post a Comment