The other day we were driving home from somewhere, probably Target (the odds are pretty good), and I was in a self-depricating kind of mood. I was outlining my various physical problems (children do wonders to your figure) and I was griping about my chest, or lack therof. Conversation with Andrew as follows:
A: Oh Jenn. Who cares? I'm obviously not a "boobs guy". (Thanks for the "obviously").
J: Oh yeah, what kind of "guy" are you?
A: Umm. (This is where he is desperately racking his brain to think of a somewhat descent physical attribute that I may possess without it being something that I will dismiss entirely and get even more upset. Poor guy! This is where I decide to throw him a bone.)
J: Maybe you're an "elbow guy"? (This has to be safe, right? Who has bad elbows?)
A: No you have that nasty wart on your one elbow. (Appearantly I have bad elbows as well. This wasn't even on my "I'm So Gross List". Now it is.)
Lesson Learned: Don't dwell on your problems, you'll discover new ones.
3 comments:
I like your lesson learned. I will have to "apply it to my daily life."
Wow, sounds like Roger and I's conversations with a nice twist at the end. You getting warts?
Jen,
Welcome to the "Brown Girls' figures. Although I have never beeen able to brag about my 32A cup, compliments on my "back side" have made up for it.
I believe you are in the same league Niece. Afterall, who really looks at elbows??
Love,
Aunt Barb
Post a Comment