Sam and Lauren are so proud that their parents are finally joining the technilogical age with a blog. Now we are noticing that we're a little behind in a lot of ways. Watch out world we may learn to text message! But don't hold your breath. I sent my one and only text to my brother Michael on Christmas day. It took me roughly 20 minutes to compose and send the message. I could have called him and related the three sentences verbally in about one minute. I thought technology was supossed to save time? Hmm. While we're talking about alleged "advances", I would like to voice my opinion on the matter of self-check out lanes. Why would I appreciate this? I am now a grocery store employee, sans the paycheck! If I were eight years old and had some fantasy about working as a cashier in order to hear that satisfing beep sound as each item passes, I might see this as a novelty. All I hear is ca-ching! Bye-bye money! Also, I find myself wanting to yell at the dumb lady, with the annoyingly calm voice, that I am completely aware that an item has been removed from the bagging area. My two year felt the need to look through the bags that are right at her eye level. (Another flaw in the system!) It is also irratating when I have a bunch of produce that needs to be weighed. By the time I look up each item half the stuff is rotten! It also appears that when the self check-out machines were installed they fired half of their employees because the regular old check-outs are never manned. Enough!!!! Sorry about the rant, but I have a feeling that I'm not alone.
4 comments:
Yea! I am so glad you've joined the age of technology and started a blog! Although, I am so with you on the self check out lane and texting. I hardly use my cell phone as it is! I am sure some of your YW can help you with texting- I know mine could! Anyways, cute picture of Sam.
Welcome Jenn! I am so proud of you. It is a fun way to vent and inform family and friends of the funny little thing called "your life".
Congratulations Jenn! You've joined the technical age. Andrew is still in the idiot ages. Yeah. Take that! I.E. Toma! Anyway, see ya soon! Chocolate for everyone!
Yes,I agree. But, what I do love is being able to slide the credit card through the credit card machine, now that is an eight year old dream come true.
Post a Comment